Graphic Design and Digital Content Intern
Duration: Full-time, 6-Month Contract
Requirements: Canadian Resident, Legally able to work in Canada, Eligible for the Career Launcher program
Salary: (Commensurate with experience) + benefits
Location: Toronto, ON (Remote)
Come work with us, remotely!
You’re starting out in your career and have a thing for web graphics and social media.
We’re a diverse, dynamic, and fun creative team working super closely on cool and interesting projects.
Reporting to the Head of Projects, you’ll be an important member of a broader Projects team that creates content for social media platforms with the goal of activating audiences and driving measurable results. This is a full-time contract position for a 6-month term through the Career Launcher program. You’ll be working remotely, and you’re required to be a Canadian resident, legally entitled to work in Canada. You will be expected to work in regular business hours in the Eastern time zone (ET).
You will receive in-depth on-the-job training and continue your professional development, gaining knowledge and skills via remote on-the-job experience.
Your key skillset includes strong graphic design skills and knowledge (including photo editing and typography), demonstrated critical thinking skills, and great attention to detail.
Supporting our Projects Team, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore the role of an Online Community Manager, creating ongoing content and assisting in moderating multiple social channels for various projects (as needed).
- Ideating and executing graphic design projects in Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator, in consultation with our Projects Team
- Collaborating with senior staff in the planning, execution and optimization of digital and social campaigns
- Communicating with the team regarding tactical aspects of graphic design and assisting the Head of Projects by facilitating information and answering questions
- Staying informed on trending topics and emerging news in association with the current projects
- Assisting with research and day-to-day communication with Project Team members as appropriate
- Taking detailed notes in meetings and parsing out relevant information including action items, next steps and timelines
- May include: special assignments as required by the CEO & President (may include creative problem solving, working with multiple departments and extensive research)
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong graphic design skills and knowledge, including photo editing and typography, file formats, optimization for web and social media an asset
- Proficient in the following software:
- macOS, including iCal and Mail
- Adobe Creative Suite (with a focus on Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- G-Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar)
- MS Office, including Word and Excel, an asset
- Pages, Keynote and Numbers an asset
- WordPress knowledge is an asset
- Final Cut X an asset
- Familiarity with Website Design is considered an asset
- Ability to prioritize tasks; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong organizational and written skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and listening communications skills
- Ability to interact patiently, tactfully, and effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to function professionally and pleasantly during periods of high intensity
- Honest and trustworthy, respectful and reliable
- Demonstrated tact and professionalism
- The ability to speak, read and write in French is considered an asset
- Experience working in the arts & culture or for a not-for-profit organization is an asset
- A professional portfolio that demonstrates previous work samples
Qualified interns are:
- Post-secondary graduates
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Available to work for at least six months
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns)
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment and Skills Strategy initiative.
Sound like a fit? Send your cover letter and resume to:
ATTN: Chloe Perelgut
Deadline: October 15, 2020, at 5:00 pm
Please include the subject line: Graphic Design and Digital Content Intern
Innovate by Day is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion at all stages of the hiring process. Innovate welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This position would be part of the Career Builder Program.