Salary: Commensurate with experience
Innovate By Day is seeking a well-rounded, outgoing professional to fill the role of Bilingual (French/English) Video Editor experienced in creating dynamic, engaging video content to start immediately.
We’re a diverse, values-led, and fun creative team that works closely on a wide range of projects with a broad cross section of clients largely in the cultural industries.
As a Bilingual Video Editor at Innovate By Day, you will work with the Innovate by Day video team to produce professional quality video and audio for various client and internal projects under the supervision of, and reporting to, the Associate Director of Content & Video Production. You will also work closely with different departments as each project dictates.
In the role of Editor, you will be expected to perform the following tasks at a professional level of creative and technical quality as commonly accepted in the film, television and digital media industry, as required.
- Assemble and edit both fiction and non-fiction videos of various lengths as directed;
- Assemble and edit audio segments of various lengths as required;
- Basic colour correcting;
- Basic sound mixing;
- Creating SRT files, transcriptions, subtitles, translations to French, and other accessibility assets in French;
- Exporting videos in a variety of formats according to the delivery requirements;
- Maintain backups of both projects and original footage;
- Ingest footage in a variety of formats with particular attention to project organization and backups;
Other tasks and duties will be assigned as required.
- Fluent in Canadian French and English
- 3+ years of experience with Final Cut Pro
- Minimum 3 years of relevant video editing experience
- Experience preparing, logging and editing footage in Final Cut Pro
- Motion 5 & After Effects Experience is a plus
- Experience in videography and other production experience an asset
- Exceptional attention to detail for logging & assigning roles to footage
- Additional Production or Post-Production skills are an asset
- Post production coordination or project management experience are an asset
- Robust and proactive communication and interpersonal skills are a must
- Ability to prioritize conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong communication, organizational and written skills
- Decision-making, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in the following software:
- G-Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, Meet)
- MS Office, including Word and Excel
- macOS, including iCal and Mail
- Pages, Keynote and Numbers an asset
- Adobe Creative Suite an asset
- Ability to interact patiently, tactfully, and effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to function professionally and pleasantly during periods of high-intensity
- Honest and trustworthy
- Demonstrated tact and professionalism
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Sound like a fit? Please fill out our Job Invitation Form and send a link for your website or work samples to:
ATTN: Doug Benn
Please include the subject line: “Bilingual Video Editor Job Posting”
Fill out Job Invitation here
Salary Range: $53,000-$68,000
Innovate By Day is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, provincial, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Innovate By Day makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Thank you to all interested folks. Please note that we will only contact candidates that will proceed to the next phase.