Innovate By Day – Social & Digital Media Specialist
Salary: Commensurate with experience + benefits
Description & Duties
Innovate By Day is a collaborative, creative environment where employees are valued, teamwork is encouraged, and ideas are nurtured.
Innovate By Day is seeking a well-rounded, dynamic emerging or mid-level professional to fill the role of Social & Digital Media Specialist. This individual is highly organized, very fluent on social media platforms, and loves digital media, television and film. This individual must have a keen desire to learn, adapt and grow.
The Social & Digital Media Specialist will be expected to fulfill the following duties:
Strategy and Planning
- Build social and digital media strategies, content distribution plans, and editorial schedules to expand reach and engagement for various clients
- Identify opportunities for growth, maximization of SEO and increased online discoverability within campaigns
- Coordinate all aspects of complex projects including live events and productions, video shoots, online advertisements
- Conduct data analysis (analytics)
- Produce written and verbal reports
- Oversee the production of content (including video, graphic and interactive)
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Interact proactively and comfortably with clients
- Handle day-to-day implementation of social and digital strategies
- Engage with audiences through social media to create robust, thriving fandoms
- Research and write bilingual content for social media platforms and websites
- Actively utilize social media listening tools to monitor online conversations, trends, levels of engagement, reach and traction for multiple clients
- Ensure that brands are represented authentically online
- Assist with the implementation and management of online advertisement campaigns
- Ability to assist with graphic design and video editing work is an asset
Skills & Qualifications
Social & Digital Media Specialist’s skills and qualifications include:
- 1 - 4 years experience in a digital, marketing, or social media position in a professional setting
- Diploma, degree or equivalent, preferably in Communications, Marketing, Digital Marketing or similar.
- Knowledge, experience, and understanding of online analytics tools and aggregators, digital technology, search engine optimization (SEO), new trends and the latest in social media innovation.
- Proficiency with social listening tools such with the ability to learn new software
- Strong computer skills, and an understanding and enthusiasm around technology, especially digital markets, products, and services
- Exceptional writing skills with the ability to hone and utilize different voices
- Ability to strategize and implement social media in the context of a broader communications plan
- Strong organizational and written and reporting skills
- Demonstrated experience in online marketing, promotion and/or social media strategy and campaign management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, graphic design and video editing is an asset
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
If you think you would fit in at Innovate By Day in this role, please send:
To Chelsea Reyes-Morgan at email@example.com
Innovate by Day is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion at all stages of the hiring process. Innovate welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This position would be part of the Digital Skills for Youth Program as part of the Youth Employment Strategy initiative by the Canadian Government.