Salary: Commensurate with experience
Come work with us!
Innovate By Day is seeking an entrepreneurial, mid-level professional who likes to win, for the role of Business Development Manager. Reporting to the CEO, the Business Development Manager position offers a tremendous opportunity for growth and expansion for the right person. We build deep and long-term relationships with our clients. We are looking for someone bright, proactive, highly organized, a strong communicator with a great ability to network, excellent written skills, and keen to support our CEO and her team.
The Business Development Manager will partner with the CEO to effectively set company goals, advance business development and special projects. Work at Innovate By Day is dynamic, fast-paced, and demanding. The person filling this position must be an independent hard worker capable of relentless prioritization, rapid problem solving, and highly effective communication. Humility and team orientation is a requirement in a role that will tasks from the strategic to the mundane.
Innovate By Day is a fully-inclusive, queer-friendly, values-led company that employs and celebrates people of diverse identities and backgrounds, all working collaboratively in an equitable, supportive, and accountable environment. We’re a diverse, dynamic, and fun creative team that works closely on cool, important and interesting projects.
The primary responsibilities of this position are anticipated to include:
- Draft key communications and pitches to potential business leads to be sent by the CEO or Business Development Manager
- Speak on behalf of the CEO as necessary to advance client development and business targets
- Be present in the company culture and work to help us celebrate wins, small and large
Business Development and Special Projects
- Support CEO in developing key external relationships by conducting research, assembling briefs/proposals, networking, developing pitches/proposals, coordinating and/or leading conversations with potential clients and partners
- Research potential business opportunities and best practices relevant to the business
- Develop detailed plans to implement new projects and advance priorities
- Lead the quarterly “Rocks” process to brainstorm, prioritize and generate buy-in and clarity for S.M.A.R.T. goals; continuously improve the process each quarter with input from co-workers with the goal of hitting 100% of goals every quarter
- Uncover capability gaps in the organization and work proactively to find solutions
- Four or more years experience in business development, strategy, marketing, or a related function with proven success working alongside leaders in fast-paced, resource-constrained growth company environments
- Low ego, high EQ
- Entrepreneurial spirit who:
- Excels at developing and maintaining great systems for workflow, projects and teams
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Mastery of Google Docs, Google Slides, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Results driven
- Able to adapt and succeed in a changing environment
- Ability to thrive in a remote work environment
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- Honest, trustworthy, respectful, punctual, and reliable
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- The ability to speak, read, and write in French is considered a strong asset
- Experience working in the arts & culture or for a not-for-profit organization is an asset
- Experience running professional social media accounts is an asset
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Annual performance bonus
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 12 days mandatory paid vacation (to increase by 1/day per year for each year served)
- 5 paid medical or personal days/year
- Toronto, Ontario (hybrid work - remote and in-person required)
Sound like a fit? Fill out Job Invitation here: https://bit.ly/IBD-BDM21 by Monday, September 27, 2021
Innovate By Day is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, provincial, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Innovate By Day makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Thank you to all interested folks. Please note that we will only contact candidates that will proceed to the next phase.