Type: Full-time Contract with possibility of moving to a full-time permanent position with benefits
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Come work with us!
Innovate By Day is seeking a well-rounded, outgoing emerging professional to fill the role of Administrative Assistant to start June 16, 2021. We’re a diverse, dynamic, and fun creative team that works closely on cool and interesting projects.
Reporting to the President, the Administrative Assistant position offers a tremendous opportunity for the right person. We are looking for someone bright, proactive, highly organized, a strong communicator with excellent written skills, and keen to support our president and her team. We are a fully inclusive, values-led company that employs and celebrates people of diverse identities and backgrounds, all working collaboratively in an equitable, supportive, and accountable environment.
This person will need to work in-person (once restrictions have lifted) and remotely, so will need to be based in the Greater Toronto Area. As this position receives partial funding from Canada Summer Jobs, the candidate must be under 30 years old and be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person granted refugee status.
- Assist president with her day-to-day requirements, including meeting coordination, client follow up, research, and manage internal operations (i.e. office cleaners, suppliers)
- Minute taking at meetings as required, and follow through on action items
- Receive, direct, and relay telephone messages and general email inquiries
- Track projects with Head of Projects and team reporting
- Assist with writing and reviewing proposals, blogs, and reports
- Ensure clients receive accurate and prompt responses to requests
- Handle all incoming and outgoing mail and couriers
- Aiding in employee event planning
- Assist in moderating the company’s social media presence – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Assist in recruiting new employees or freelancers, including sourcing, phone screening, and scheduling of interviews
- Proofread and edit documents as needed
- Execute on projects and special assignments as assigned by the CEO & President (may include creative problem solving, working with multiple departments)
- Tracking of client surveys and reporting
- Stay informed on trending topics and emerging news in association with the current projects
- Commit to ongoing learning and development
- University or college education is an asset
- Robust and proactive communication and interpersonal skills are a must
- Collaborator, Communicator, Agile, Accountable, Leader, and Empowering
- Ability to prioritize conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Team-building skills
- Strong organizational and written skills in English
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and listening communications skills
- Experience running professional social media accounts is an asset
- A driver's licence is an asset
- Proficient in the following software:
- G-Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, Meet)
- MS Office, including Word and Excel
- macOS, including Mail
- Pages, Keynote and Numbers an asset
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud is an asset
- Ability to interact patiently, tactfully, and effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to function professionally and pleasantly during periods of high-intensity
- Honest and trustworthy
- Respectful, Punctual, and Reliable
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- The ability to speak, read, and write in French is considered a strong asset
- Experience working in the arts & culture or for a not-for-profit organization is an asset
This position will be partially funded through Canada Summer Jobs, and applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Under 30 years of age
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person granted refugee status
As this position requires some remote work, a stable and fast Internet connection is required.
Sound like a fit?
Tell us about yourself and why you should be the candidate of choice in a cover letter together with your resumé by 6 pm Thursday, June 10, 2021.
Submit via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to all interested folks. Please note that we will only contact candidates that will proceed to the next phase.