Dates for Internship: Approximately March 22 -August 31, 2018
General Hours of Work: Monday – Thursday 9:30 – 5:30 (some flexibility exists in regard to schedule)
An honorarium will be provided.
Due March 16, 2018 at 12pm EST
A digital content and social media company, Innovate By Day specializes in creating integrated online strategies. Our customized digital and social media strategies are on brand, creative, grounded in research, within budget constraints and meet project needs. Working with television and film producers, and broadcast networks, we develop engaging narratives in the digital space through the production of digital media content, execution of social media campaigns, paid reach including digital and out of home advertising, and management of online communities. We offer the opportunity to work in Toronto’s East End with convenient TTC subway access.
The Graphic Intern will assist with varied graphic design projects, online campaigns and general office tasks. The Graphic Intern is a versatile, enthusiastic, positive force. They are reliable, have strong written and verbal communication (in English) and are able to work some flexible hours. They have an expressed interest in graphic design, digital video production, web design & development and social & digital media. They are organized, fluent on social media platforms and love television and film.
Reporting to the Head of Design and Development, this person will work with the Graphics, and Web Design team on a project-by-project basis.
- Assist the graphic design department with the production of graphics and related content for online and print.
- Assist the web design and development department with planning executing and deploying websites and other online content.
- Other tasks and duties will be assigned, as required. Every day will bring a new and different challenge.
Skills & Qualifications:
- In progress or complete diploma, degree or equivalent, preferably in Design, Communication, Marketing, Digital Marketing or the like.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop is required.
- Knowledge of other Adobe Creative Suite programs such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Invision/Marvelapp and Sketch and Adobe Premiere is an asset.
- Knowledge of web design & UX prototyping is an asset.
- Proficient in macOS
- Desire to expand existing knowledge and understanding of digital technology, new trends and the latest in social media innovation.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Written and verbal fluency in English. Fluency in other languages particularly French is an asset.
- An interest in film and television.
- Please be sure to highlight any additional skills that you have that relate to Graphic & Web Design.
Please forward cover letter, resume and links to relevant work samples to email@example.com , ATTN: Julie Reis, by Friday, March 16, 2018 at 12:00PM. Include the subject line: “Graphics Intern”.