9-month (Maternity Leave Replacement)
Feb 8, 2018 – November 9, 2018
Commensurate with experience, prorated for 9 months
We’re on the hunt for a highly strategic, insights-driven Director of Content and Engagement. This person will be a part of the senior management team. An experienced strategic thinker, who knows how to put plans into action, the role will oversee all content-related and engagement initiatives. These initiatives include both external (projects/clients) and internal (Innovate By Day corporate), across multiple platforms and formats to drive awareness, engagement, fan-retention, and other positive audience behaviors on various film, television, digital, corporate and governmental projects.
This individual should have a deep knowledge of the entertainment industry and key players including networks, organizations, producers, funders and properties.
Our enthusiasm for fandoms and desire to connect directly with audiences drives our work.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Experience – You have 7+ years experience in a combination of content development, strategic planning, brand management.
- Leadership – You have experience managing/mentoring direct reports, leading cross functional teams, and working with management teams.
- Project Management/Supervision – You are comfortable collaborating with a team of project managers and social media community specialists on various, projects providing strategic direction.
- Strong Writing Skills – You can skillfully draft and edit content including funding applications, proposals, pitches, reports, briefs, scripts, storyboards, newsletters, social media messaging, web and interactive copy.
- Strong Presentation Skills – From time to time, you may be called on to present to clients and industry partners, and therefore must be comfortable speaking to a variety of audiences on behalf of Innovate By Day.
- Content Development Experience in Multi-Platforms Including: video, web, social media and graphic design – You are able to ideate, provide creative direction and constructive feedback to internal teams, addressing creative decisions, technical troubleshooting, workflow management, brand management and overseeing quality assurance on all projects.
- Client Management Experience – You can manage clients and anticipate their needs, as well as their core audience needs. You have the skills to present ideas and strategies clearly, and to get buy in when necessary.
- Analytical Skills – You have an understanding of how digital and social analytics work. This offers you the ability to convert analytics into insights and actions.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – You are comfortable working in a dynamic field at a growing company, and have a passion for creating engaging content.
What You Will Get to Do:
- You will serve as the strategic content lead across all content-based projects – from conception to deployment
- You will flex your writing and editing chops on a variety of materials (proposals, pitches, video scripts, interactive copy, marketing materials)
- You will have keen involvement in video content production and post production
- You will have design oversight of quality assurance, brand compliance for graphical and interactive components
- You will work with industry leading clients on creative and dynamic projects
- You will be part of an amazing creative team that works on innovative projects for a variety of clients in the arts and entertainment industry (live produced shows, social engagement campaigns, websites, etc.)
- Please note that some travel may be involved for specific projects
As the leader of a multifaceted department, the Director of Content and Engagement works with the Director of Operations and Marketing, and the Director of Production and Business Affairs, and reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
How to Apply
ATTN: Julie Reis
Deadline: January 8, 2018
Please include the subject line: “Director of Content and Engagement”